Ah! Spring! Probably my favorite season by far. I love how fresh everything feels as plants regrow, animals start to become more active, and the Earth warms up after a long (much too long) winter. And another one of my favorite things about this season is the fresh new looks that every starts wearing! Even though spring does bring a lot of rain, I love that for the majority of the season I no longer have to worry about freezing my booty off during my walk to school.
Here are a few pieces I have put together that I think you definitely need to add to your wardrobe for spring if you have not already:
- Striped Tie Shorts – these shorts are perfect for a beach day, running errands, or even just lounging around the house. They would look really cute with a white top as shown, or even with another solid colored top to really make the outfit pop!
- Cropped Tank Top – chances are you have a piece similar to this one in your wardrobe already, but if you don’t you definitely need to add it this season! White tanks are so versatile and can be worn year round, no matter the season.
- Gold Hoops – gold hoop earrings are another one of those staple pieces that you really must add to your wardrobe if you do not already. They are the perfect way to spice up any outfit! (I could not find the exact ones shown in the photo but you can find similar ones by following the link).
- White Booties – These booties are a piece that I myself will be shopping for this spring. For me white just screams spring and they will go with almost any outfit year round as well! The one’s shown in the photo actually retail for $930 (!!) so I have linked similar ones for a cheaper price.
- Wrap Dress -I have been SO obsessed with wrap dresses lately! I think they are such a cute, simple piece and are especially great for traveling because they really do not need to be paired with much, or even to wear over a swimsuit!
- Scrunchies – Unfortunately the yellow scrunchie is sold at (at the time I am writing this), but you can find it from the same store in other colors/patterns here and the pink one here. I love scrunchies because not only are they super cute and add a little extra something to an outfit, but also they don’t leave dents in your hair as bad as just regular hair ties do! There are so many places you can find super cute scrunchies at for cheap (even Etsy!) or you can even make your own!
- Tan Cardigan – spring can still be a bit chilly so cardigans and thinner sweaters are always a must have for spring, especially as it starts to get warmer each afternoon, and one such as this one is super versatile to have for other seasons, or to wear over a swimsuit too!
- Off-The-Shoulder Top – this top is so perfect for many different occasions! You can dress it down and casual for just a simple day out and about, at the beach, or at home, or you can even dress it up for a night out with friends!
- Denim Skirt – For the longest time I had such a hard time finding a jean skirt that fit me good! My problem is that I have very skinny, petite legs but a bigger bottom so every skirt I tried on would flair out awkwardly at the bottom. I recently found one at Forever 21 that fit my perfectly though and once spring gets here I will definitely be wearing it all the time! Denim skirts are so awesome and versatile and can be worn with so many different looks from casual to dressy.
- White Flats – Flats are one staple item that I am guilty of not owning. I used to own and wear so many different pairs, but once I moved to Oregon the winters got much colder and I fell in love with boots and tennis shoes that keep my feet warm! Now that warmer weather is upon us, I will definitely be buying a few pairs of flats in a few different colors since they are so easy to dress an outfit up with, but are so effortless at the same time!
- High Rise Jeans – High rise jeans are such a flattering style, no matter your body type. These are perfect to dress up with a nicer top and some cute heels, or you can keep it casual with some tennis shoes and a T-shirt.
- Simple Tee – simple t-shirts are great for spring, especially if you are a college student like me, because they are super comfy but if you do something as simple as tie a knot in the front, or pair it with a cardigan and some flats you can still look put together. In the spring and summer T-shirts are always my go-to’s! (I could not find the specific shirt anywhere since the image came from Polyvore, but since that website was shut down the original source for it seems to be lost. You can find simple tees like this at any store though!)
What items are on your must-have list for this spring? Comment them down below so I can be sure to add them to my wardrobe this season! Which piece from this collection is your favorite?
Thanks for stopping by friends, and I will see you all in my next post Monday morning at 8am!
*Note: Images shown in the collage are not my own. The collage was created by an app similar to Polyvore with preloaded images. I could not find the exact original sources for these images due to the fact that once the Polyvore app was shut down most of these sources were lost.