My 19th birthday is just days away now, and as it is fast approaching, that got me thinking about all of the things I want to do in my last 12 months as a teenager. This last year before my 20th birthday is also a big one as 2 weeks after my 20th birthday I will be graduating from Undergraduate school. For me, 2020 will be marking my start as a true adult so there are so many things that I want to do before I truly enter the working, adult world.
Here are 20 things I am planning to do before I turn 20:
- Travel out of the country. I have never been out of the country, so this is something I definitely want to do, even if it is just a quick trip to Vancouver, BC! My boyfriend and I have also been talking about going on a Caribbean cruise, or taking a quick trip to somewhere in South East Asia, where it isn’t too expensive.
- Go Skinny Dipping. To some this may seem a little weird, but I think it would be so fun just to let loose and have fun while camping!
- Roadtrip with my best friend. For me my best friend is my boyfriend and going on a road trip and just exploring is something that I have been wanting to do for the last 4 years, but until this last October he was living in Texas where he was in the army so this was always hard to do.
- Save Money. This is something I have been trying so hard to work on for the last couple of years, but college tuition really has not made this easy. My goal is to save $5,000 by my 20th birthday.
- Go to a music festival. I have been to quite a few concerts, but never a music festival. I wanted to go to Cape Blanco (a country music festival on the Oregon coast) for the longest time, but then it changed to Country Crossings and moved inland to where I was actually living at the time, but it was wayyyy to hot for me to be able to sit outdoors all day long!
- Watch a sunrise. Living on the west coast, I have seen more ocean sunsets than I can count, but I have seen very few sunrises, and not even one single one over the ocean. I love being able to wake up early though and getting a head start on my day before anyone else is awake.
- Get on the Dean’s List. Since this will be my last year in college (undergrad at least), I want to aim to get on the Dean’s list at least once. For my school to be on the Dean’s list, you have to be taking a minimum of 15 credits and get a minimum of a 3.75 GPA. The GPA requirement should not be too difficult for me as school has always been my strong suit, but since I was already so far ahead in credits when I started college, I have only been taking 10-12 credits per term.
- Write A Book. This has been something I have always been interested, but I have never even had a thought about what genre I would write, what it would be about, etc. Since I have started this blog though I have found it to be a lot easier for me to write and so I want to either have a complete, in-depth outline finished by my 20th birthday OR have 5 finalized chapters of a potential book, even if I never share it with anyone at all.
- See a drive-in movie. This is something I have always wanted to do, but I have never been able to find one near me. I wish drive-ins were more popular still!
- Volunteer. I know as a college student how hard it can be to fit anything into your schedule that is not school or work, but I really want to spend more time this year volunteering at an animal shelter, the library, or with a community service group. I encourage you to lend a helping hand somewhere too!
- Attend a political rally. 2020 brings with it another big presidential election and it will also be the first time I can vote in the presidential election so I really want to be able to participate in some way by attending a rally if I can find one near me!
- See a broadway show. I was lucky enough to get to see Wicked and Waitress in NYC on my senior class trip and I also saw Love Never Dies, the sequel to Phantom of the Opera, in Portland, but I really want to see more shows!
- Invest. This sort of goes along with saving money, but I want to invest my money in somewhere, even if it’s just in stocks, so that I can get a head start on my retirement, future kids college funds, or to build my dream house!
- Surf. I have lived on the coast my entire life, but I have never once been surfing! Probably because the water where I live are always to rough, cold, and just straight up dirty!! I really want to learn (or attempt to learn) how to surf though at least once!
- Travel Solo. This one is HUGE for me because I have such bad anxiety when driving or just being by myself for long periods of time. The first time I drove long distance by myself was a total disaster, I had a massive panic attack not even 20 minutes down the road and spent pretty much the entire drive on the phone with my mom. I also drove through a lightning storm that scared the crap out of me, so to be able to go on a road trip by myself, even just for 1 day would be a huge step!
- Learn to drive a stick shift. I am not sure yet how I will learn this one because I do not know anyone who owns a stick shift, but I will work on it!
- Write a letter to my 20 year old self. I am sure not a whole lot will change in the next 12 months, but you would be surprised how much actually does change, including even just your writing skills!
- Write a letter to my 60 year old self. I think this is something that would be fun to start doing every year, kind of like a journal, for me to look back on when I am 60 and see everything that was happening in my life each year, although hopefully I will still have this blog and my YouTube to look back on in 40 years. Technology can change so much in that time though so it would be nice to have a paper version too!
- Stay awake for 24 hours. The longest I have stayed awake was for probably about 21 hours. I am always so tired so for me it is hard to stay up even past 11pm!
- Make a list of 30 things to do before I turn 30!
What is on your bucket list of things to do before you hit your next milestone? Let me know in the comments down below and if you decide to do any of these items be sure to share it with me below!
Thanks for stopping by friends!